Last night the Performance Designs Big Boy Pants World Record eventconcluded with the awards ceremony in the main hanger at Mile-Hi Skydiving Center. Here’s a few highlights from the event.
- 25 invitees from 5 courtries. USA, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Spain.
- 17 competitors set new personal ‘bests’.
- 448 competition jumps made and judged over 3 days.
- General Distance World Record by Nick Batsch 222.45 meters
- Female Distance World, North American, and National Record by Jessica Edgeington, 168.32 meters.
- Female Speed World, North American, and National Record by Jessica Edgeington, 2.301 seconds.
- Canadian National Speed Record by Jay Moledzki, 2.150 seconds.
- Canadian National Distance Record by Jay Moledzki, 179.97 meters.
- Brazilian National Speed Record by Edson Pacheco, 2.240 seconds.
- Brazilian National Distance Record by Edson Pacheco, 169.11 meters.
- European and Spanish National Speed Record by Pablo Hernandez, 2.107 seconds.
- European and Spanish National Distance Record by Pablo Hernandez, 167.09 meters.
- German National Speed Record by Thomas Morris Friess at 2.384 seconds.
- New FAI canopy piloting judges class completed with graduates James Hayhurst, Buzz Bennett, Emily Windmiller, and Lee Schlchtemeier.
- $6,000 awarded to the top 5 places & general distance world record.
- Gold-Nick Batsch-Alter Ego
- Silver-Curt Bartholomew-AlterEgo
- Bronze-Jay Moledzki-PD Factory Team
- Greg Windmiller-US Army Golden Knights
- Pablo Hernandez-PD Factory Team
A big thanks to Performance Designs for sponsoring this event and Mile-Hi Skydiving for hosting, without the support of these folks, this amazing weekend could not have happen.
If you enjoyed watching this event in Colorado, participating in it, or watching via our live ustream feed, please let us know your thoughts by leaving a comment below.
Full scores can be found here.